Winter is coming....What to do in Durango!?
As we welcome the first snow of the season with welcomed arms, it is also an important time to check your home! I recently published an article in the Durango Magazine, but have decided to share a quick checklist before winter fully hits.
- Make sure your sprinklers are winterized
- Check your roof for any major defects
- Clean your fireplace
- Pick up all items outside that may not make it through snowfall
- Maintain your snowblower
- Check your winter tires, replace if necessary
Here are some things to do this upcoming winter, these are my favorite!
- Get your season pass to Purgatory ski resort
- Ride in a Sleigh at Rapp Corral
- Sled down Chapman Hill
- Ride the Polar Express
- Take a hot yoga class at the Sweaty Buddah
- Attend the Festival of Trees
- Enjoy the snow in the hot springs at Trimble, or Pagosa Springs.
- Snowshoe around Molas or cross country ski at Hillcrest or the Nordic Center at Purgatory
- Go Ice fishing at Vallecito when it's safe to do so
- Attend the Ice Climbing in Silverton
- Ski Joring event in Silverton
- Snowdown Event downtown
- The shows at FLC Community Center
- Enjoy a hot cup of coffee downtown at Durango Coffee Company
Being a born and raised local to Durango, this is my absolute favorite time of year that's coming, and a lot of people underestimate it is a great time to travel here! It's a beautiful time to enjoy the power of nature as it nourishes our lakes, trees, and area for the upcoming year.
Get out and enjoy!
Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Western Colorado Properties
600 Main Ave Suite 101
Durango Co 81301